KDevelop3

Falk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 13 23:39:33 UTC 2001

Hallo,

Ralf Nolden wrote:

> work Falk is doing is that the handling of 2.0 and 3.0 from the
> user's point is very similar.
The MDI for 2.0 is a bridge to 3.0, at least for me.
Why?:
Omid, you asked me what I mean with that missing cross-partplugin
Doc-View-architecture in 3.0
Well, I mean I simply do not know how to build that in 3.0 because of
the decentralized part plugins where one plugin doesn't know what the
other plugin does. Such thing like the DocViewMan seems not possible in
3.0. It _seems_ all editor document/view stuff moves to the editor part.
But in that case for instance, what about the Browser documents? Another
example: Which one can I ask if I want to know what the type of the
current focused document (view) is? Do we need a central DocViewMan
beside KDevelopCore? If yes, how does it knows about the possible
document types if the interface to the component is designed in a way
that people can plugin complete new component types (providing new
document types). Do you understand what I mean?

Sandy, Ralf, that is why I add MDI on 2.0 first --> to get more clear
about the doc/view-architecture at all and in a more simple stage.

3.0 isn't dead, I suppose if we could manage file/browser documents and
their editor/HTML views there, it would look much better.

Ciao,
F at lk