KDevelop3 was: nasty bug, CKDevelop::edit_widget

Sandy Meier smeier at kdevelop.org
Tue Mar 13 13:51:22 UTC 2001

On Dienstag, 13. März 2001 14:18, you wrote:
> > As a relatively new person approaching the KDevelop project, I would
> > like to say how unfortunate, I believe, the decision to start a new
> > KDevelop completely from scratch is.
>
> I agree with this. It is easy to say, but very difficult to do! There are
> lots and lots of men hours dug in de current version and also in the 3.0
> version. KDevelop 1.x has very much limits and is the subject of an
> intensive reconstruction, perhaps better from scratch.

In my opinion KDevelop1.x was nice for C/C++ projects with KDE1 technologies.
Begining from scratch is and was really needed. (Falk listed some reason in
his email). Adding MDI,Kparts,Xml framework,plugins would be nice for the
user, but for the developer this would end in big chaos.

> I think sometimes KDevelop 3.0 is not taken serious any more, which to my
> opinion has the potentials we need.
Yes, unfortunately we have this situation since 1-2 years. :-( KDevelop3 has
already nice features (colored outputview,MDI/SDI,new class and
projectviewer, new application wizzard,xml framework,plugins/services, better
compiler options and so on. With the current situation I fear KDevelop3 is a
dead project and will never be released. :-(

Ciao!
Sandy

--
inubit - Your e-Business Partner!  http://www.inubit.com
Sandy Meier, inubit GmbH   Sandy.Meier at inubit.com
Welcome to our stand at CeBIT on 22-28 March, Hall 3, Stand E43

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«