nasty bug, CKDevelop::edit_widget

Falk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 12 07:15:22 UTC 2001

Hi Roland,

Roland Krause wrote:

> Yes, I can at least try to help out. I will try to see what Sandy has
> done, merge his ideas with mine and see that I can produce something
> halfway usable.
>
> Tnx for your input.
>
> PS: would it be possible to release a version 1.5pre1 with the MDI
> changes soon?

A little bit more survey about the project:
The KDevelop project is splitted in 2 branches, we've got the 1.x branch with KDevelop-1.4 as the latest
official release from there, and the cvs HEAD branch.
The 1.x branch is based on the old KDevelop architecture and is the so called traditional and stable way. The
HEAD branch is a complete rewrite of the application architecture in the direction of a "total plugin system",
it has been growing for some months now, but is in deep alpha stage at present.

My current MDI-addons are applied to the 1.x development branch, it'll finish with the release of
"KDevelop-2.0".

Some time ago we called the cvs HEAD branch the "upcoming KDevelop-2.0"..., that has moved to "KDevelop-3.0"
now.
Omid Givi is hard working on the compiler/linker stuff for that 3.0 at the moment, after I finished to apply
MDI for version 2.0, I will go on applying it again for 3.0 on the HEAD.

Well, this branch-splitted development is really some sort of evil - a few men work divided on different
branches, but since KDevelop-3.0 is expected not before Christmas 2005, we try to improve the old-fashioned
version meanwhile. That allows to release new versions inbetween.

Is everything unclear now? :-)

Well, Roland, so you have to decide which branch development you want to join.
I would recomment that you work on the HEAD branch for the 3.0 version. If you wanted to work for the 2.0
version, your timeframe will be relatively short (about april 2001) and after the 2.0 release you must port
the whole thing to the new 3.0 architecture on the cvs HEAD branch where things are very quite different
there.

> I'll hunt more bugs during the next week.

These days MDI is half-finished, but I would be glad, if someone tested my mess though. ;-)

Cheers,
F at lk