nasty bug, CKDevelop::edit_widget

Falk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 11 22:16:45 UTC 2001

Hi Roland,

Roland Krause wrote:

> Falk,
> that was what I had in mind.
> Replacing the edit_widget will be a larger project, but I think it
> should be done sooner than later.
edit_widget, cpp_widget and header_widget is gone now in CVS. The
DocViewMan takes this managing part now...
You can test the whole thing but note that it still keeps unusable for
real programming.

Now I also have enabled the "Tab page mode" of QextMDI in the
"Window->MDI mode" menu for testing.

> For a few days now I am plagued with an idea to make something like a
> generic class for files that are part of a project.
>
> We could use a generic file class to store information what files are
> in the project in memory instead of the project file. Also, we could
> actually store a lot more information for each file, cvs stuff, editor
> buffers, compile options, target and source for make dependendies and
> so on.
>
> To get us started I propose to the following... Use the existing
> TMakefile, TFile classes for a basis
Please, take a look at the main cvs trunk (HEAD) of KDevelop (the
scheduled version 3.0).
.../kdevelop2/kdevelop/lib/projectmanagement/*.*
.../kdevelop2/kdevelop/parts/kdeprojectspace/*.*
Sandy Meier put some effort in a new project management, already. See,
what base classes and so on he already has created.
Unfortunatelly, Sandy Meier left the project...so if you want to help us
to continue his unfinished work and to carry on the project management
subproject of KDevelop - well, that would be great...

Ciao,
F at lk