KDevelop Roadmap 2001

Falk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 4 17:17:17 UTC 2001

Hi,

For the 2.0 version:

1.) What do you think about putting the internal debugger code into a
shared library?
I just want to reduce the binary size of kdevelop.
I don't talk about creating a library loaded by dlopen, just a
libkdevdbg.so like the libqt.so.
If such a library was only accessed in case of debugging, we would also
reduce memory usage of KDevelop as far as I know.
What do you think?

2.) Is there a way to avoid the installing of _all_ language stuff in
'make install'? For instance I just need German and English. Is it
generally possible to enable a call like 'make install --language=de'?

Ciao,
F at lk