KDEVELOP_1_4: kdevelop/kdevelop/setup

jbb jbb at kdevelop.org
Sat Jun 30 23:04:22 UTC 2001

On Sun, 01 Jul 2001 01:25, you wrote:
> jbb wrote:
> > >
> > > Hmm...hmm.
> > > Now libkdevelopsetup.so depends on the kdevelop binary. :-(
> > > Earlier it was independent. :-)
> >
> > Well yes - but the other way means that the lib is always loaded when
> > kdevelop is run - which kinda defeats one of the reasons to have the
> > setup code as a shared lib...
>
> Yeah, right. Well OK, if someone wants to use this wizard for KDevelop-3
> it should be sufficient to copy the interesting methods out of
> CToolClass into CKDevInstall or similar later.

Actually I've never liked this at startup. Maybe setting the editor to a
particular style is ok but building the docs at startup is overkill. Reading
the bugs, this is something a new user has major problems with.

But I don't think the setup wizard is necessary for anything, and in reality
just gets in the way, even for new users. I recommend not doing it at all for
3.0.

Of course, this is just MHO :-))

jbb

-