kdevelop2.0 dbg changes

jbb jbb at kdevelop.org
Mon Jun 25 08:05:00 UTC 2001

On Sun, 24 Jun 2001 21:34, you wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 23, 2001 at 11:39:56AM +1200, jbb wrote:
> > Ok Harry, what have you done.
> >
> > 142      QString libPath = stddirs.findResourceDir("lib","
> > libkdeui.so.3.0.0");(gdb)
> > 143       QFileInfo libFI( libPath + "/libkdeui.so.3.0.0");
> > (gdb) print libPath.latin1()
> > Cannot evaluate function -- may be inlined
> >
> > latin1() doesn't always work in gdb :(( hence that nasty convoluted gdb
> > statement you've replace. Wanna fix.... :-)
> >
> > you can test this by debugging kdevelop 2.0 and breaking on main.cpp:143
> >
> > It could be done better than I've done it, I'm sure, but...
>
> What I was suggesting on irc was something along the lines of
>
> define printqstring
>        set $i=0
>        while $i < $arg0.d->len
>          output $arg0.d->unicode[$i++].latin1()
>        end
> end
>
> in hope that it works with qt2 _and_ qt3 (what changed between those two is
> the naming of the members in QChar) . The difference is that latin1() on a
> QChar has no side-effects, in contrary to the latin1() on QString (which
> is not as const as it claims to be) . Maybe the former works better in you
> example? (meaning gdb not refusing to 'call' it?)

Sometimes I can get latin1() to work but not always, even using QChar as
above. Working with the data always(?) works (although its a pretty nasty
hack on my part) I'd suggest working out what the data structure is and
dealing with it appropriately. What is the difference with qt2? Hmmm maybe I
should get qt3 and try it...

At this point Bernd is wondering why we don't use libgdb ... :-)

jbb

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«