1_4 laundry list

Roland Krause rokrau at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 21 17:44:02 UTC 2001

Serge,

first let me say, "Thank you" for you contributions and for taking the
time and having the guts to contribute to _our_ project.

The joy of contributing to the development of an "open source"
application lies for me in the fact, that I can work on the things that
interest me and that are valuable to me. Please dont take criticism of
your work personally.

Also, you dont need to apologize for "mistakes" introduced by you. Just
see whether you can find some time to fix them. If things get really
messed up, most commits are revertable. CVS isnt really the greatest
versioning system for that, but I know it can be managed somehow.

About ctags: there is a ctags database in KDEVELOP_1_4, there is also
one in gideon (HEAD) but that's a different implementation. For the 1_4
version here is an example on how to use it:

    // we are searching for QString searchtext
    CProject* prj = currentProject();
    if (prj)
    {
      CTagsDataBase& tagsDB = prj->ctagsDataBase();
      if (tagsDB.is_initialized()) {
        kdDebug() << "found tags data base\n";
        // remember that we are searching for searchtext not for str!
        const CTagList* taglist = tagsDB.ctaglist(searchtext);
        if (taglist)
        {
          int ntags = taglist->count();
          kdDebug() << "found: " << ntags << " entries for: "
                    << searchtext << "\n";

and so on, see either ceditwidget.cpp line 358 or the source code of
the ctags implementation in the ctags folder.

I agree that the interface to the classparser is not well suited for
searching but that is going to change.

Roland

=====
--
Roland Krause
In the garage of life there are mechanics and