Documentation files with Gideon

Ravikiran Rajagopal ravi at ee.eng.ohio-state.edu
Thu Jun 7 22:00:49 UTC 2001

Hi,
  I got the HTML docs from the various sources and installed them in
$(kde_html_dir)/en/gideon under the names given in the Kdevelop source
code (stl, libc, kde2book) and could see them from Gideon. In case anyone
is interested in the doc sources:

http://kde20development.andamooka.org
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/Manuals/glibc-2.2.3 <- find a mirror
http://www.sgi.com/tech/stl

I also obtained Bruce Eckel's "Thinking in C++" and "Thinking in Java", two
excellent books, from http://www.bruceeckel.com, and hacked the doctree to
add them as standard books. (Yes, I know I could also do this from inside
Gideon to put them into the "Others" tree.) I am curious about indexing the
documentation though. I have not done it, but will try it tonight.

Ravi

On Thursday 07 June 2001 17:11, you wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, Ravikiran Rajagopal wrote:
> > Hi,
> >   Thanks for the tip. I have the Qt and KDE library documentation working
> > now, but not those of Libc, STL and KDE 2 development. I got the
> > documentation and put them in $kdehtmldir/en/kdevdoctree. Further the
> > index files point to the correct paths too. However, I still cannot see
> > them from inside Gideon. Any ideas?
>
> Hmm, I was wrong about the stl anyway, sorry. I'll make a source
> package with the complete documentation tomorrow, and that
> should work out of the box.
>
> Bernd.
>

> -
> kdevelop-request at kdevelop.org with the following body: unsubscribe