project management

Bernd Gehrmann bernd at physik.hu-berlin.de
Sat Jun 2 08:37:25 UTC 2001

I have now completely redesigned the subproject and target option
dialogs. They make it much more convenient to handle convenience
libraries (pun intended ;-) and also allow to set libtool options
with a nice gui. It was nice to see that it was much simpler to
implement than all the am_edit hacks :-) For adding external
libraries, I haven't yet found an ideal solution. Perhaps hard-
coding all KDE libraries and some more (if it's a KDE project) would
be an interim solution.

The next step will be to make the 'Add target' dialog less generic,
for example one could add an item 'Add plugin' to the context menu
which would then add a library with the -module flags and kde_module
prefix and so on without the user having to go into the technical
details of the dialog. A build order dialog is still on my todo
list.

Richard, you have to look if all this affects the java support.
>From the 10 lines of automake documentation about _JAVA I get
the impression that java targets don't need any further options
at all? Is automake is suitable build system for java? Or would
it be better to implement one on top on ant (from the jakarta
project) for example?

Bernd.

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«