RPM Part for KDevelop 3.0

Ian Reinhart Geiser geiseri at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 22 02:05:26 UTC 2001

On Saturday 21 July 2001 01:37 pm, you wrote:
> Ian Reinhart Geiser wrote:
> > > Ian, do plan to extend the packagemanagment to other targets then KDE?
> > > You know with KDevelop 3.0 it will be possible to write not only
> > > C++/KDE software.:-) If it is just for KDE projects we need to make
> > > sure that it is loaded in KDE projects only. (not difficult see HACKING
> > > file)
> >
> > So far the ONLY requirement of the part is that you use a Makefile.am and
> > configure.in.in file... Just so I can glean info from there.
>
> Then please, consider there's also the tmake/qmake plugin that doesn't
> use Makefile.am stuff but could need RPM packaging as well.
I saw that but I am not very familiar with tmake and qmake yet, so that
support may come later.  As this becomes more complete features will fill in
:)

I have already started on a way for the plugin to run outside of KDevelop in
a similar manner as KOffice part can run as stand alone apps.  The idea is
you can use it as a specfile editor and generator outside of KDevelop,
although you gain more features by using it within KDevelop.

-ian reinhart geiser
--
Fortune for the day: