Database

Harald Fernengel harry at bnro.de
Tue Jul 17 12:36:39 UTC 2001

Hi,

this is what I was looking at:

1. http://sourceforge.net/projects/mycc/

this is based on MySQL but since it is using Qt 3 it should be easy to allow
it to use other databases as well. Doesn't compile under Linux yet but I am
on it...

2. http://sourceforge.net/projects/dbdesigner/

This is a native KDE app, shouldn't be too hard to convert into a KPart.
Unfortunately the project admin seems to be on holiday because I couldn't
contact him yet.

Both projects are looking promising, I hope we can get them into KDevelop at
some point. If you know other good tools please tell me.

I would suggest to not rush things while KDE hasn't got a decent generic
database interface, otherwise we would just end up with incompatible code...

Harry

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«