Problem: "Designer could not be launched"

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Sat Jul 14 14:30:23 UTC 2001

> Jochen Schütz wrote:
>
> Hi out there!
>
> I'm a Linux and a C++ newbie and I have some problems concerning the
> KDevelop Program.
>
> I use the german version, but I translated the errors and menu items
> in English. The German translation is given in parentheses behind.
>
> When I click on "New" (Neu) -> "File" (Datei), and choose "Qt Designer
> File" (Qt Designer Datei), a message box occurs with the following
> error: "Designer could not be launched" (Designer konnte nicht
> gestartet werden).
Install the Qt designer and make sure it is in your PATH variable (e.g.
export PATH=$QTDIR/bin:$PATH should help)

> Furthermore, it seems as if the following program pieces are missing:
> sgml2html, ksgml2html, xgettext.
install the gettext package and the linuxdoc sgml package. Newer
versions for KDE programming on KDE 2.1 require docbook while the
current (2.0 one) just requires libxml2 automagically to convert the xml
documentation into html. Qt-only apps still use sgml2html to provide
documentation in linuxdoc format.

> Where can I get these progs and how to install them?
they should be all on your distribution resp. included with Qt, gettext
package is from gnu.org and sgml2html in the sgmltools package. See the
manual in the chapter Installation/Requirements.

Hope this helps. If you want to join KDE and KDevelop to help or learn
KDE/Qt programming, you're welcome ! :)

Thanks,

Ralf

> Very much thanks to you out there!
>
> Jochen Schütz

Ralf Nolden
nolden at kde.org

The K Desktop Environment	The KDevelop Project
http://www.kde.org		http://www.kdevelop.org

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«