Problem: "Designer could not be launched"

Jochen Schütz Jochen-Schuetz at Web.de
Sat Jul 14 13:04:23 UTC 2001

Hi out there!

I'm a Linux and a C++ newbie and I have some problems concerning the KDevelop Program.

I use the german version, but I translated the errors and menu items in English. The German translation is given in parentheses behind.

When I click on "New" (Neu) -> "File" (Datei), and choose "Qt Designer File" (Qt Designer Datei), a message box occurs with the following error: "Designer could not be launched" (Designer konnte nicht gestartet werden).

Furthermore, it seems as if the following program pieces are missing:
sgml2html, ksgml2html, xgettext.
Where can I get these progs and how to install them?

Very much thanks to you out there!

Jochen Schütz