Problems while importing an existing project

Roland Krause rokrau at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 12 14:18:43 UTC 2001

Astrid,

--- Astrid Wonner <wonner at intelligent-implants.de> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I want to import a project that is developed in MSWindows into
> KDevelop. Additional I want to use CVS. Now I have two problems in
> Kdevelop 1.4.1:
>
> 1. I've a Makefile built with tmake in a subdir. This subdir I've
> given to "dir_where_make_will_be_called". When I call "Erstellen"
> (german version, I think it's "make" ??? Anyway F8), the Makefile
> will be found, the same when I call "Clean". But when I call "Neu
> erstellen" ("make all" ??), clean will be executed, but "make" not,
> because the current directory is the main-directory of the project
> instead of the subdirectory....  I think it's a bug in KDevelop?

Yes, there was a bug in KDevelop and this is fixed in the current
development version (cvs). If it still does not work there may be an
issue with the Makefile.

> 2. As I've said, I have subdirectories in my project. Now, when I
> want to add them to CVS, I get the message:
>
>      cd (...)/project/subdir && cvs add . 2>&1
>      cvs add: cannot add special file '.'; skipping
>
> One can add the subdirs "per hand", but it's not a fine solution I
> think...

As I said in my earlier mail, use cervisia, you can make it a Tool and
call it from within KDevelop.

Roland

=====
--
Roland Krause
In the garage of life there are mechanics and