Problems while importing an existing project

Astrid Wonner wonner at intelligent-implants.de
Thu Jul 12 09:19:56 UTC 2001

Hello!

I want to import a project that is developed in MSWindows into KDevelop. Additional I want to use CVS. Now I have two problems in Kdevelop 1.4.1:

1. I've a Makefile built with tmake in a subdir. This subdir I've given to "dir_where_make_will_be_called". When I call "Erstellen" (german version, I think it's "make" ??? Anyway F8), the Makefile will be found, the same when I call "Clean". But when I call "Neu erstellen" ("make all" ??), clean will be executed, but "make" not, because the current directory is the main-directory of the project instead of the subdirectory....  I think it's a bug in KDevelop?

2. As I've said, I have subdirectories in my project. Now, when I want to add them to CVS, I get the message:

     cd (...)/project/subdir && cvs add . 2>&1
     cvs add: cannot add special file '.'; skipping

One can add the subdirs "per hand", but it's not a fine solution I think...

Both problems can be solved in other ways but I think it's helpful for you to hear about. And perhaps you can solve it in KDevelop....

A nice day to all of you!!

Astrid