apply patch

F@lk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 9 21:21:13 UTC 2001

Hi,

Simon Hausmann wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 09, 2001 at 11:01:42PM +0200, W. Tasin wrote:
> > that wasn't the problem...
> > I discovered what it is - an ordering problem.
> > I have QT 2.3.1 installed and the Trolltech people have also a file
> > called "qextmdichildarea.h", so this one was used instead of
> > yours,because first building will check /usr/lib/qt2/include and then
> > ../../qextmdi/include.
>
> This rather looks like a QextMDI installation problem (does the rpm of
> it install the includes maybe into $QTDIR/include ?) Qt for sure does
> not ship with a qextmdichildarea.h (as you can easily verify :)
This was the hand of SuSE. They install their self-created rpm package
to QTDIR. Actually, quite cool 'cause you don't need the environment
variable QEXTMDIDIR any more for developing QextMDI-only programs.
I think Walter's fix is absolutely the right one. Local settings must
override global, not the other way round.

Thanks Walter,
Ciao,
F at lk