KDEVELOP_1_4: fix for a crash and kdevprj

Simon Hausmann hausmann at kde.org
Tue Jul 3 22:23:15 UTC 2001

On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 10:49:49AM -0700, Roland Krause wrote:
> Falk,
> automake and or tmake/qmake will have their advantages and
> disadvantages. qmake/tmake is relatively simple but it doesnt really
> work for cross platform stuff 1/10th as well as autoconf does.
> E.g. on all platform I've tried so far I have to directly tweak the
> makefiles :-( when building Qt.
>
> automake has it's advantages and disadvantages but it is very easy to
> handle (remember we are not talking about autoconf) and gives you the
> necessary information, i.e. names of files to compile and libraries to
> build and install.

Exactly. And with the templates from kde-common/admin building a fully
autoconf and automake enabled project is a piece of cake. Take admin/ ,
add a configure.in.in with just '#MIN_CONFIG' , and take Makefile.cvs and
Makefile.am from for example koffice/ . That's it. Everything is in-place
to build a fully kde/qt enabled application, all macros, configure checks,
Makefile variables (with all the KDE extensions like $(all_libraries) or
kde_moduledir) .

Bye,
 Simon

-