KDEVELOP_1_4: fix for a crash and kdevprj

Roland Krause rokrau at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 3 17:49:49 UTC 2001

Falk,
automake and or tmake/qmake will have their advantages and
disadvantages. qmake/tmake is relatively simple but it doesnt really
work for cross platform stuff 1/10th as well as autoconf does.
E.g. on all platform I've tried so far I have to directly tweak the
makefiles :-( when building Qt.

automake has it's advantages and disadvantages but it is very easy to
handle (remember we are not talking about autoconf) and gives you the
necessary information, i.e. names of files to compile and libraries to
build and install.

The true solution would be to come up with a project manager and
generate automake input files from that, as well as qmake/tmake files.

Roland

=====
--
Roland Krause
In the garage of life there are mechanics and