Participating in the development process of KDevelop

Sandy Meier smeier at kdevelop.org
Thu Jan 18 18:04:01 UTC 2001

On Mittwoch, 17. Januar 2001 15:35, Omid Givi wrote:
Hi Omid!

> I would like to participate in developing/programming KDevelop 2.
Very good.:-) We always need new developers as KDevelop2  will be a very
advanced (hopefully :-))and complex project. Welcome to the team!

> If the KDevelop 2 has reached a stable status, or perhaps meanwhile, I'll
> implement my design of Modula-3.
Yes,the main idea behind the new KDevelop component model is the possibility
to implement support perhaps for every language on earth. KDevelop2 will be a
framework with a default behavior and a description how to add new features.
In my opinion it is more a framework than an application. :-)

>Is it possible that I get a write permission to the cvs
>rep.? If yes, how should it be arranged? (I I saw somewhere I should ask
> Kullow about it.)
Yes, it is possible, but only if you really want to add some code. :-) (We
have sometimes people who get write access but 1-2 weeks later they decided
not to help. :-() I think your first work should be a patch and then you will
get write access. Ok?

>How is the work distributed? Who does what?
We have 3 communication "channels"

1) ICQ ( BTW: my number is 27681958)
2) the kdevelop-devel mailinglist (you can subscribe by sending an email to
kdevelop-devel-request at kdevelop.org with the body "subscribe
youremailaddress"
3. and finally the "ChangeLog" file :-)

At the moment following people have done following task in KDevelop2 (as far
as I know)

Bernd Gehrmann: Most of the new framework, many components
Ralf Nolden: initial application,generated apps, documentation
Falk Brettscheider: MDI,Docking
Sandy Meier: Projectmanagment (Makefiles, Appwizard..)
John Birch: Editor ( needs a new maintainer), Debugger
Ivan Hawkes: Bug tracking

You can help where you want (I think the projectmanagment should be
implemented as soon as possible) or implement some new ideas.

Ciao!
Sandy

--
inubit - Your e-Business Partner!  http://www.inubit.com