Still alive

Ralf Funken rfunken at web.de
Tue Jan 2 09:07:59 UTC 2001

Hi all,

> Still, every now and then someone comes along who actually _is_ helpful.
> That's you, Ralf Funken :-)
Thanks, John :-)

Well first of all let me say that I'm truely sorry that I couldn't do
anything for the project for quite a while now. As I mentioned before I had
some problems with RH (and I still have). I fact I haven't even installed
any Linux on my machine at the moment. Last week my power supply blew up,
just slow enough to destroy my mainboard, CPU and CD writer, too:-(.
HINT: If you're married and your wife wants to receive her mail, that's a
good way to convince her, that's it's a great time to invest some money.
Just wave your screwdriver and perform that magic short circuit :-))
I'm working with Windoze 2000, now, not too bad, I must admit, but I'm
visiting Ralf Nolden today and get a SuSE from him. Mandrake worked but they
terribly screw up the FSS and I wasn't really happy with it. As SuSE is
officially supported by IBM now, I'll be able to get the necessary drivers
for my TP, too. So hopefully I can contribute some translation and docu
again, soon.

CU

Ralf

-