KDevelop 1.4 - bravo

Ben Hall bhall at webhancer.com
Wed Feb 28 14:20:57 UTC 2001

Hi there guys,

I downloaded and installed KDevelop 1.4 last night on my Debian unstable
machine and all I can say is wow.

The last time I looked at it seriously was for a school lab, when it was at
version 1.0beta2.  A lot has changed since then.  Even the setup went
brilliantly.  The integrated document browser is simply amazing, I can't
wait to dig into KDevelop in more detail.

The aforementioned beta is still in heavy use at the school, you should be
happy to know that many Comp Sci University students at Carleton are cutting
their teeth on your work.  I've been after the new lab maintainer to update
KDevelop, with this release I'll have to get a little more vocal.

Anyway, keep up the amazing work.  The lack of a polished IDE is keeping a
lot of Windows developers that I know away from Unix.  This great program
ought to do much to convert Windows users as well as show many die-hard Unix
developers the advantages of a modern IDE.

Congrats,

Ben

Ben Hall
R&D Co-op
bhall at webhancer.com

webHancer

2255 Carling Ave., 3rd Floor, Ottawa, ON, Canada, K2B7E9
T: 613.721.7747 x: 113
F: 613.721.1118
www.webhancer.com