am_edit problem (was Re: automake 1.5 breakage)

W. Tasin tasin at fhm.edu
Fri Dec 28 11:23:05 UTC 2001

Eray Ozkural (exa) wrote:

>Just to let you know that automake 1.5 breaks gideon build at
>parts/doctreeview. Everything is great with 1.4.
>
>I have absolutely no idea how to fix that. Could an automake guru have a look
>at it?
>
>It fails to find a temporary dependency file (.TPlo or something like that)
>for the htdigindex.cpp IIRC.
>
>Thanks,

I had a look at it:
AFAIS the problem is in am_edit, due to the fact that automake 1.5 uses
now the variable
@AMDEPBACKSLASH@ inside Makefile.in for later substitution to '\\'
(escape char for continuation of lines).

am_edit knows only the '\\' and doesn't know @AMDEPBACKSLASH at .

I did a patch for am_edit, but I don't know if this is way am_edit shall
handle this problem, so please could someone of the am_edit maintainer
(e.g. Stephan Kulow, the current one) have a look at the patch?!

Ciao

Walter

BTW: The patch is a little bit exaggerated, because it handles the
@AMDEPBACKSLASH@ in every case of occurrence, even on positions it
shouldn't occur.

--
The KDevelop project: tasin at kdevelop.de [www.kdevelop.org]