kate part

Mathieu Chouinard chouimat at videotron.ca
Wed Dec 19 17:57:04 UTC 2001

On December 19, 2001 12:10 pm, you wrote:
> On Wednesday, 19. December 2001 01:48, you wrote:
> > Also I have an idea on how to get a kate part working, essentialy just
> > using the same technique as for the NEdit part and implementing it by
> > calling the appropriate Kate::Document Kate::View methods. Also not
> > really a big deal.
> >
> > MDI is a completely different animal and I do not fully understand what
> > all is involved with that. It seems like there is another interface to
> > be designed and implemented, not really in my line of interest.
>
> I think the "best" solution for the Gideon GUI would be:
>
> 1) droping the KEditor interface in Gideon (as suggested by Matthias) and
> using KTextEditor::Document (and the subinterfaces) and KTextEditor::View
> from the kdelibs.The nedit plugin and the simple editor (for testing) need
> a new implementation, but I think this isn't on the top of the priority
> list.
>
> 2) using QDockWindow for docking the treeview and outputview area (docking
> support is already available in QMainWindow so this shoudn't be a problem)
>
> 3) using QExtMDI for the document/view managing (editor,docbrowser,custom
> plugin views).
>
> Can we agree on this?
>
> Ciao!
> Sandy
No problems for me, I was currently looking to add QextMDI to gideon
MAthieu
--
We have the flu.  I don't know if this particular strain has an
official name, but if it does, it must be something like "Martian Death

Another symptom is that you cease brushing your teeth, because (a) your
teeth hurt, and (b) you lack the strength.  Midway through the brushing
process, you'd have to lie down in front of the sink to rest for a
couple of hours, and rivulets of toothpaste foam would dribble sideways
out of your mouth, eventually hardening into crusty little toothpaste
stalagmites that would bond your head permanently to the bathroom
floor, which is how the police would find you.

You know the kind of flu I'm talking about.
		-- Dave Barry, "Molecular Homicide"