kate part

Sandy Meier smeier at kdevelop.org
Wed Dec 19 17:46:03 UTC 2001

On Wednesday, 19. December 2001 01:48, you wrote:
> Also I have an idea on how to get a kate part working, essentialy just
> using the same technique as for the NEdit part and implementing it by
> calling the appropriate Kate::Document Kate::View methods. Also not
> really a big deal.
>
> MDI is a completely different animal and I do not fully understand what
> all is involved with that. It seems like there is another interface to
> be designed and implemented, not really in my line of interest.

I think the "best" solution for the Gideon GUI would be:

1) droping the KEditor interface in Gideon (as suggested by Matthias) and
using KTextEditor::Document (and the subinterfaces) and KTextEditor::View
from the kdelibs.The nedit plugin and the simple editor (for testing) need a
new implementation, but I think this isn't on the top of the priority list.

2) using QDockWindow for docking the treeview and outputview area (docking
support is already available in QMainWindow so this shoudn't be a problem)

3) using QExtMDI for the document/view managing (editor,docbrowser,custom
plugin views).

Can we agree on this?

Ciao!
Sandy