About what KDevelop-2.1 will be (was: Re: bug or feature ?)

F@lk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 18 09:45:05 UTC 2001

Hi,

"Eray Ozkural (exa)" wrote:

> Now, if Roland's patch is going to be adapted for KDevelop 2.1 there is no
> point in improving the indentation code in kwrite because it's going to be
> dropped. I need more information on this subject.
IMO every development which works with KDE2 should still be done on
KDE_2_2_BRANCH. That allows gurus to update to a better version as well
as giving Linux distributors the chance to deliver the latest HEAD of
KDE_2_2_BRANCH for their KDE2 packages.

But I think we should also put the Kate integration into the
KDevelop-2.1 release bundled with KDE-3. We would have a second new
killer feature beside the cross-compiling. Time is enough, I don't
expect KDE3 before March.
WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THAT? (Especially, the most guilty people: Ralf?
Roland?)

Technically, it means to keep KDEVELOP_2_BRANCH synchronized with
KDE_2_2_BRANCH which isn't hard to do says Roland. We are also able to
tag the 2.1 in a normal way on KDEVELOP_2_BRANCH. Of course
KDEVELOP_2_BRANCH is only thought to be able to work with KDE3 though.

Exa, you could decide to put the indention into Kate.

Ciao,
F at lk