GPL and KDevelop

Janet Casey jcasey at gnu.org
Mon Dec 17 19:28:04 UTC 2001

My name is Janet Casey; I work for the Free Software Foundation
developing a Directory of free software and ran into the situation
described below.

From: "Jeffrey Bakker" <jefskey at yahoo.com>
To: "Janet Casey" <jcasey at gnu.org>
Subject: Re: Webcpp

> There is one other thing. I noticed that the copy of the GPL
> included in the distribution did not have the "How To Apply These
> Terms and Conditions" section at the end. We do consider this to be
> part of the license text, so could you add it, please?

Just to let you know, the COPYING file containing the GPL was
automatically added by the KDevelop IDE, when I chose to use
it to manage my project files. You should notify the makers of
KDevelop about this as well.

Can you check and make sure that the GPL that the KDevelop IDE adds
includes the full text of the GPL? The missing section, How To Apply
These Terms and Conditions, can be found at the end of the
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt page.

Thank you very much! If you have any questions, please feel free to
write me.

Janet Casey
Free Software Foundation
http://www.gnu.org