how do I get my project to compile properly

Edward Moyse e.moyse at qmul.ac.uk
Wed Dec 12 16:22:05 UTC 2001

I have a problem which is driving me round the bend so any help would be
much appreciated!

My project consists of about 20 files, with some in subdirectories. I
have a class TriggerTowerKey which never gets compiled: at least
TriggerTowerKey.o isn't produced, and so at linking I get many errors of
the type:

TriggerTowerKey::eta() method not found

(apologies - I'm at work at the moment and can't remember the exact
message, but that was basically what it said).

There's another class, JetElementKey which produces the same problem.

Obviously the makefile is at fault, but I've done a distclean/remake and
it still doesn't help. I've been through the directories deleting any
makefiles I can find, but to no avail. I can of course write my own
makefile but that more or less negates the point of using Kdevelop!

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks for you help,

Ed

|  Edward Moyse                                                        |
|  Dept. of Physics,            web     hepwww.ph.qmw.ac.uk/~moyse     |
|  QMUL                         mobile  +44 (0) 7967 594 657 	       |
|  Mile End Road, E1 4NS        office  +44 (0) 20 7882 3767           |