to tag KDevelop with KDE-3beta1 release-tag (was: Re: Beta1 tagged)

F@lk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 10 20:38:05 UTC 2001

Hi Dirk + others,

Does the solution of Harry (see below) fit our needs?
It means, we update to KDE3's admin + Harry's patch on KDE_2_2_BRANCH.

You know, I still would like to stay on the KDE_2_2_BRANCH development branch to
have double benefit, I mean for KDE-3 and KDE-2.2 users. That's why I don't like
the solution of opening a new branch for KDE-3 which would need sychronizing it
with the KDE_2_2_BRANCH.

Harald Fernengel wrote on kdevelop-devel at kdevelop.org:

> Hi,
>
> this patch enables KDevelop 2.1 to build under KDE 2.2 with the admin
> directory from KDE3 HEAD.
>
> I added the configure switch "--enable-kdevelop-qt2" so configure will search
> for Qt2 instead of Qt >3.0.1 (similar to gideon).
>
> If we switch over to KDE3's admin dir, then this patch will ensure that our
> users can still compile a KDE 2 version of KDevelop 2.x (as long as we keep
> source-code compatibility to Qt2, of course).
>
> Harry

Ciao,F at lk