New indentation code in KDevelop 2

August Hörandl august.hoerandl at gmx.at
Sat Dec 8 11:31:02 UTC 2001

"Eray Ozkural (exa)" wrote:

> This was one of the things that held me back from using kdevelop instead of
> emacs. Hope the emacs fans like the new autoindent code.

the only better thing would be a k(x)emacs editor part ;-)

- shouldn't there be something like AI in the status line ?

- i get results like:
      for(int j = 0; j < col; j++) {
         int xx = x + j*dw;
         p.drawPoint(xx+f(xx,y), y);
         }
         }
         p.end();

  it seems you missed something like the belaow at line 1135 in
kwdoc.cpp,
  and around line 1091 which seems to duplicate the code ?
   if (textLine->getChar(textLine->lastChar())=='}') // closing brace
     indentPos -= indentLength;

  btw: why is that lastchar() ? what about
  { int x;
    code;

- sometimes TAB just does nothing
   this seems to be to be related to the above lastchar(),
   there are easily invisible ' ' after the }

- indent-region is missing

- undo doesnt work after indent

but i like that direction - keep that good work
Gustl
August Hörandl                            august.hoerandl at gmx.at
Microsoft has titled its next release "Windows 2000", in celebration
of the two biggest disasters in the history of computing.