Fwd: Re: Gideon preview release ?

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Wed Aug 29 20:51:44 UTC 2001

I think this should have been going here. Ok, I don't want to rush things too
much and as long as we keep compatible to KDE 2.2 there's no reason to rush
anyway. Let's get things going and when the time has come we'll see how it
looks like to publish a developer-test-alpha version then. I didn't mean to
push out an unfinished version but show the progress, give users a chance to
test it and get some feedback; that's usually what you're doing with a 0.1,
0.2 whatever release and that's what we have been doing in the beginning of
KDE as well. Anyway, times have changed and of course we don't want to ruin
our name but getting more developers interested in writing plugins or
enhancing them was the idea behind a test version.

Ralf