documention of kdevelop

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Fri Aug 24 12:17:40 UTC 2001

On Donnerstag, 23. August 2001 20:03, you wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> are we able to document the classes better than now? I saw through the code
> and make a api reference and saw that many classes not well documented :(
> It would be great if we could this because for somebody that see the code
> the first time it's very difficult to see how something happen
>  in the code :)
>
> It would be also great if we could make a new documention 'book' in
> kdevelop how plugins and other improvments are coded with one ore two
> examples :) This book would also contain an documention for the plugin api
> may be like the microsoft SDK? I hope so we could many free and may be
> commercial plugins in KDevelop 3 :)
I think commercial plugins are not possible due to the licensing of the
libraries and Sandy wanted to have it stay that way. If someone wants to have
a new functionality that he puts into kdevelop, he should contribute it back
to the community. I mean, it excludes commercial development but on the other
hand it's quite fair for everyone. I can see the good points in no commercial
plugins also, so I don't have the feeling I need to object to letting it stay
that way it is.

> What think you about that?
Yes, we need to document that stuff fairly complete and understandable. Maybe
I should start there when I work myself into gideon and *then* work on a
small facts sheet introduction, *then* work on the cross-compiling and the
usabiltiy stuff and *then* write the real handbooks....*sigh* :)  At least I
can't say the plans on my todo are leaving me *without* a life as a geek
being single and pizza-fed working over night on a computer. That's what
we're here for I guess....our destination maybe ? :))

Ralf

> -
> kdevelop-devel-request at kdevelop.org with the following body: unsubscribe
> »your-email-address«

Ralf Nolden
nolden at kde.org

The K Desktop Environment	The KDevelop Project
http://www.kde.org		http://www.kdevelop.org

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«