ANNOUNCE: KDevelop 2.0 out now!
gigafalk at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 15 13:53:10 UTC 2001
(This is an announcement for all who are not subscribed to the other KDE
The KDevelop team is proud to present KDevelop 2.0 - an easy to use
C/C++ IDE for KDE. KDevelop 2.0 has been released as part of the
KDE 2.2 release!
For the fans of detailed general information:
You can use any of the KDE mirrors to download it along with KDE 2.2
Compiling from CVS sources
Changes from 1.4.1 to 2.0
- The Version number is now 2.0.
- KDevelop's user interface has been rewritten with the usage of the
multiple document interface architecture, allowing to view several
windows. Also several views for the same file can be used.
- The view mode can be switched between Childframe mode, Toplevel mode
and TabPage mode
- The bookmark handling and the internal debugger were adapted to the
===> Both features are possible because now we base on QextMDI, a
library which supports advanced MDI for Qt and KDE.
- A new configuration wizard (based on QWizard) replaces the old,
messagebox based one.
- Project sessions (.kdevses) were introduced.
- Dockwidget usage has been extended to dock/undock the tabulator
windows in the Treeview and Outputview
- New templates for implementing a KDE/Qt style library and KControl
modules have been added.
- The kde-common/admin copy (admin.tar.gz) has been updated to the
latest version in KDE CVS. Users of versions prior to 2.0 are
advised to update their project's admin directory with that to
support newer versions of autoconf and automake.
- KDevelop now uses the new tip of day dialog from kdelibs
- The user manual has been extended to match the new GUI layout plus
adds a chapter for using Qt Designer with KDevelop projects
- A newly added ctags-based search database enables "Goto
definition/declaration" and the switch between .h and .cpp file.
- The compiler output is shown coloured.
- Man pages are accessable via KDevelop's help browser.
- The functionality of KDevelop was splitted in shared libraries.
- Sounds for KDevelop events (system notification in KDE's Control
Center) are supported.
- The configuration of shared libs subprojects was improved.
- Lots of small and big bugfixes are made, especially in the editor.
KDevelop-2.0 bases on the source code of the previously released
Gideon is the codename of KDevelop-3.0 which is already under
construction on KDevelop's CVS HEAD branch and which will be released
some time later after the release of 2.0.
If you like to join the KDevelop developers, don't hesitate to contact
us at kdevelop-devel at kdevelop.org! We need you bugfixes and patches
for 2.0 as well as your contributions for Gideon!
to all the contributors who made this version possible:
John Birch, Falk Brettschneider, Christian Couder, Daniel Engelschalt,
Harald Fernengel, Bernd Gehrmann, August Hörandl, Roland Krause, Serge
Lussier, Ralf Nolden, Ravikiran Rajagopal, Carsten Wolff, Jens
Zurheide and all I might have forgotten...
Special thanks to the KDE core team for the integration in
the KDE release.
...and of course to all users of KDevelop.
F at lk (on behalf of the whole KDevelop team)
Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com
to unsubscribe from this list send an email to kdevelop-devel-request at kdevelop.org with the following body:
More information about the KDevelop-devel