A final word and what to do now (was: A final word (was:Re: What's up and what's hot))

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Fri Aug 10 21:14:09 UTC 2001

On Friday, 10. August 2001 22:36, you wrote:

> Now the important thing:
>
> Why not split KDEUI into two or more smaller libs ? :Into common, often
> used widgets and into a lib with gui stuff, which is not that often (but at
> least is) used. The second/third/... lib only needs to be loaded if an
> application really needs those widgets/classes/.....
I guess that could be a valid option to downsizing kde libs in general. Why
not make those things that are not commonly used by all applications that
fullfill the KDE standards put into plugins and those get installed in the
system ? I mean, headers are for developers anyway, libraries loaded by their
applications. As far as I understood this, the components/plugins for Qt 3
allow this to put single widgets as plugins that can be loaded dynamically.
That would be an option I guess.

Ralf

> Kind regards
> Joseph Wenninger
>
> -
> kdevelop-devel-request at kdevelop.org with the following body: unsubscribe
> »your-email-address«

Ralf Nolden
nolden at kde.org

The K Desktop Environment	The KDevelop Project
http://www.kde.org		http://www.kdevelop.org

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«