Gideon

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Fri Aug 10 09:30:10 UTC 2001

On Friday, 10. August 2001 11:12, you wrote:
> On Friday, 10. August 2001 01:49, you wrote:
> > I agree stronly, renaming it now would lead to a serious conflict for
> > all people that want to try gideon without overwriting their current
> > kdevelop-2 version.
> >
> > Please let us wait until gideon is really ready to be used.
>
> Yes, I agree. In my opinion it should be possible to install KDevelop 2 and
> KDevelop3 at the same time. We won't  found many tester and developers for
> Gideon (alpha version, technology preview... whatever) if it overwrites the
> current KDevelop2.0 version, believe me. So please Ralf don't rename it.
Ok, that's fine with me as well. Whatever, after the switch to Qt 3, what is
then ? Is Roland taking care of porting the bits that change in the API from
KDevelop 2 over ?

> An other topic: As you already know KDE will switch to the qt3 in some
> weeks (and will be incompatible with KDE2.2) I think we should stick on
> KDE2.2 for awhile. This will avoid much trouble for us and the users who
> want to install it.
Sandy, that cries for trouble again. Remember when we waited to switch to KDE
2 with KDevelop 1.x ?  Please, we need to go with the stream this time
although it could be a bit of a pain in the first weeks. And we can only test
KDE 3.0 and make use of the new API things if we switch, so please, please
let's stick with the KDE schedule or I will run into a lot of trouble why we
are supposed to be on track and we aren't. I won't get any help from other
KDE guys if we don't switch!

Ralf