Compiler cache

jbb jbb at kdevelop.org
Fri Aug 3 20:24:04 UTC 2001

On Fri, 03 Aug 2001 23:59, you wrote:
> jbb wrote:
> > would be confusing, just like my "sliding" breakpoint bug :-).
>
> It seems this bug is somewhere because of a wrong handling of such code
> pieces like
>     m_docViewManager->currentEditView()->setStepLine(linenumber-1);
> ...I mean the "linenumber-1" approach/problem.

No - that's okay.

The problem here is that the editor holds onto the bp at the textLine level.
So when you add (or delete) lines prior to a bp it changes the linenumber the
bp is on. Unfortunately it doesn't inform anyone that the bp has changed so
the breakpoint manager still thinks its on the old line number (== confusion
:) I have been too lazy (ahem frightened perhaps?) to change the kwrite code
to deal with this.

Note: an editor using the term "breakpoints" is strange, I think. We should
be "annotating" a line with an icon _and_ a colour (the user could select
icons and/or coloured lines). This functionality need not be restricted to
breakpoints only.

jbb

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«