Compiler cache

Bernd Gehrmann bernd at physik.hu-berlin.de
Thu Aug 2 09:23:54 UTC 2001

On Wed, 1 Aug 2001, Victor Röder wrote:

> Note: I'm neither the author of the article mentioned nor the author of the
> compiler cache. I have read this article and thought "Might be good for
> Gideon!". And I don't want such replies like "Yes great idea! Just implement
> it!"

Why not? ;-) I mean, judging from the README file, this program seems to
be a wrapper for the compiler which acts entirely transparent, i.e. if
the binary which results from a compiler run is found in the cache, it
is used, and otherwise the normal compiler is called. So all you have to
do is to set CXX (e.g. in the project options) to /some/where/g++ and
build the project just as usual.

Maybe I'm missing something...

Bernd.

-