KControl plugin template

Sandy Meier smeier at kdevelop.org
Sat Apr 28 12:47:08 UTC 2001

On Friday, 27. April 2001 21:19, you wrote:
> Sandy Meier wrote:
> > On Friday, 27. April 2001 16:39, you wrote:
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > I created a template for kcmodules. It will not work yet as there are
> > > several issues to solve first:
> > >
> > > 1.) A control center module needs a location in the kcontrol tree. Thus
> > > I will need an extra dropdown to choose a location (like "Internet",
> > > "Look & Feel", etc.) Should I add this to the appwizard?
> >
> > In the next days I will extend the appwizard so you can write a small C++
> > plugin to add this and other special options.
>
> Sandy, I guess you mean the HEAD branch.
Yes, sure. :-) but I didn't realize that Daniel meant KDevelop2.

> Please work on gideon's appwizard, the one in HEAD's version before
> gideon was more extensible. A listbox that contains the provided
> templates should be fine to select the template (see vc++) and we could
> use a .desktop file to store the information.
Yes, in my opinion the best would be a treeview, similar the old appwizard. I
think there will be _many_ templates for gideon so categories are needed.

>So a developer who wants
> to write a template only needs to do the packaging stuff and provide a
> desktop file, whereas we can also provide a frontend for creating that
> file within a project template creator graphically.
Yes, if you only want create simple templates the current perl based solution
by Bernd works very well. No C++ code is needed.
If you want to create more complex frameworks, you 'can' write a C++ plugin
for adding pages to the appwizard.

Ciao!
Sandy

--
The question is not, can they reason? nor,can they talk?
but, can they suffer? (Jeremy Bentham)

-