mailing lists again

Sandy Meier smeier at kdevelop.org
Sat Apr 28 12:08:59 UTC 2001

On Friday, 27. April 2001 20:02, you wrote:
> --- Sandy Meier <smeier at kdevelop.org> wrote:
> > On Thursday, 26. April 2001 12:31, you wrote:
> > > Roland Krause wrote:
> >
> > Whats going on? Do we move the mailingslists or not? Maybe this can
> > be
> > discussed before we create new ones.

> Afaik, neither you nor anybody else is affiliated any longer w/ the
> university where the current lists are kept, is that correct?
No, I'm still a student of the University Potsdam. :-)

The mailinglists and homepages are hosted by "Fachschaftrats Informatik" (the
students community at our computer science institut). Both computers
(mailserver and webserver) are used exclusiv for open source projects such as
kcommander,kmud.de,codewizards.org,KDevelop.... so chances are good that
someone will fix problems if they occur.
I have root and physical access to the computers.

> I did not want to force this down peoples throat, I just wanted to
> create the infrastructure for a *fast* change, if that was necessary.
> This was meant to be a service, nothing more.
Ok, I understand. I just was a little bit confused. :-)

Sandy

--
The question is not, can they reason? nor,can they talk?
but, can they suffer? (Jeremy Bentham)

-