KControl plugin template

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Fri Apr 27 19:19:40 UTC 2001

Sandy Meier wrote:

> On Friday, 27. April 2001 16:39, you wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I created a template for kcmodules. It will not work yet as there are
> > several issues to solve first:
> >
> > 1.) A control center module needs a location in the kcontrol tree. Thus I
> > will need an extra dropdown to choose a location (like "Internet", "Look &
> > Feel", etc.) Should I add this to the appwizard?
>
> In the next days I will extend the appwizard so you can write a small C++
> plugin to add this and other special options.
Sandy, I guess you mean the HEAD branch. I've added a kde theme template
today as well and wanted to do preparations for daniel's template -
eventually it turned out he comitted before I did; I thought he needed
some more days for that; so I've had to clean up things anyway and I'm
fixing any remaining issues with the kcontrol module template already.
Please work on gideon's appwizard, the one in HEAD's version before
gideon was more extensible. A listbox that contains the provided
templates should be fine to select the template (see vc++) and we could
use a .desktop file to store the information. So a developer who wants
to write a template only needs to do the packaging stuff and provide a
desktop file, whereas we can also provide a frontend for creating that
file within a project template creator graphically. (just some ideas
about this topic, the 1.4/2.0 one is *much* too complicated to be
extensible any more)
I think the addition of these two templates (the control module and the
theme template) to 2.0 are the *very* last templates added to that
branch (but needed up until 3.0 comes out).

Ralf
--
Finally, even I have to admit that being myself was the best thing
that ever could have happened to me. - Le Grand Charmeur

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden at kde.org