KDevelop editor interfaces - ups

Cullmann Christoph crossfire at babylon2k.de
Tue Apr 24 12:25:04 UTC 2001

Am Dienstag, 24. April 2001 01:43 schrieben Sie:
> Am Montag, 23. April 2001 23:37 schrieben Sie:
> > Bernd Gehrmann wrote:
> > >
> > > Which means that window management for multiple views per document
> > > has to be done inside the part. This in turn means that you can't
> > > freely mix khtml and editor windows.
>
> Kand-Alf wanted to see a little example doc-viewmanager for a generic
> editor part, have done a first step (only to test, no real usage) which
> uses the standard ktexteditor interface. Has commited my stuff to
> kdevelop/parts/manager (won't be build). Everybody who wants to help, just
> change the stuff.

Now the implementation works (for testing). New and open, close is
implemented using the installed ktexteditor part on your system (kwrite/kate
whatever).
Now perhaps someone should make a proposal for a generic interface (perhaps
based on KTextEditor) and which kind of factory the parts should use, at the
mom kparts::factory.

cu
Christoph

--

| |   / /               - get an edge in editing -
| |/ /      a fast and capable multiple document,
|     \     multiple view text editor for KDE
| |\  \     cullmann at kde.org
| |  \  \   http://devel-home.kde.org/~kate

-