KDevelop editor interfaces - ups

Matthias Hoelzer-Kluepfel mhk at caldera.de
Tue Apr 24 09:33:41 UTC 2001

Am Montag 23 April 2001 21:14 schrieben Sie:
> On Mon, 23 Apr 2001, Cullmann Christoph wrote:
> > Hi,
> > just updated my kdevelop CVS and tested the interface you commited,
> > Now I got the idea behind it, it embedds the hole editor app (k, not app
> > but docmanager .......) into kdevelop.
>
> Which means that window management for multiple views per document
> has to be done inside the part. This in turn means that you can't
> freely mix khtml and editor windows. This is actually how gideon
> began (see ftp://linde.physik.hu-berlin.de/pub/bernd/gideon-emacs.png)
> and it sucked a lot.
>
> Maybe I'm just missing the idea behind the stuff commited...

No, in principle you are right, _unless_ one decides on a add-on interface to
allow view management.

My interface would allow to do that, but you could also make use of an editor
like Emacs that does not allow to access the views.

Think of it like doing the most basic stuff first, and adding the bells and
whistles where it is appropriate.

Bye,
Matthias.

BTW: I like that screenshot a lot. How did you implement the
emacs-integration?

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«