Fwd: Re: KDevelop editor interfaces

Cullmann Christoph crossfire at babylon2k.de
Mon Apr 23 16:00:31 UTC 2001

Am Montag, 23. April 2001 17:54 schrieben Sie:
> On Mon, 23 Apr 2001, Cullmann Christoph wrote:
> > That would be the API I like (with query interface stuff ... added).
>
> That's how the editor is already encapsulated in kdevelop/lib/kwrite
> (except for the minor difference that the view constructor is used
> directly, not through a createView() method).
>
> The interesting part is the "..." ;-)

No, the interesting part is that I want a generic doc/viewmanager which is in
kdevelop and parts only providing doc/view while at the moment the plans of
Matthias Hoelzer-Kluepfel ... are to let the editor manage the hole view (no
standart view class like I descript in the last mail) stuff alone which will
kill any usability and consitence of the kdevelop GUI.

Again, I want to help, for example I could help to create a nice doc/view
manager which supports splitview .. (like in kate, but for the generic
editorparts), but I NEED AND WANT that the editor supports doc/view. Simply
starting a external vi or emacs app like planned is just trash, that each dev
is able to do itself. I want nice embeddable parts and I see no problems why
kvim .. can't follow this idea and create such a doc/view part.

cu
Christoph

--

| |   / /               - get an edge in editing -
| |/ /      a fast and capable multiple document,
|     \     multiple view text editor for KDE
| |\  \     cullmann at kde.org
| |  \  \   http://devel-home.kde.org/~kate

-