Fwd: Re: KDevelop editor interfaces

Matthias Hoelzer-Kluepfel mhk at caldera.de
Mon Apr 23 15:59:55 UTC 2001

Am Montag 23 April 2001 17:54 schrieb Bernd Gehrmann:

> P.S. I wonder why the EditorPart class has been moved to the
> library. It's very specific to the part shell and not
> intended to be used by the plugins directly.

This was exactly the point where I started to think about a new interface :)

The parts have to access the editor contents, but I think they should have a
clean interface to do this. I moved the EditorPart to the lib to work around
the currently missing clean interface and started to work on a better one.

Obviously, there is no agreement yet how this interface should look like, but
eventually we will have one, and then the parts can use that instead.

Bye,
Matthias.

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«