[Kwrite-devel] Re: AVR Patch

Cullmann Christoph crossfire at babylon2k.de
Thu Apr 19 16:24:14 UTC 2001

Am Donnerstag, 19. April 2001 15:13 schrieb Bernd Gehrmann:
> On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Cullmann Christoph wrote:
> > Am Donnerstag, 19. April 2001 14:22 schrieb Bernd Gehrmann:
> > > I haven't tracked the development of the highlight
> > > stuff lately. Maybe someone else can comment if
snip ....
> > :)
>
> Well, before we continue the fatal tradition of copying around
> sources back and forth, I would prefer an interface that
> allows to load the editor dynamically without sacrificing fea-
> tures. I.e. that allows a properly working breakpoint implemen-
> tation, access to the configuration dialogs, incremental search,
> searching, replacing, context menu, and so on.

Hmm, please take a look at kdebase/kate/interfaces where are my first steps
to create a interface for plugins for kate (but the katedocumentIface and
kateivewIface could be interesting for other apps too). I someone could help
me to extend these interfaces for the doc/view, kdevelop would be able to
load kate or any other editor supporting these interfaces (which are kate
independent) via libloader and use them as editing part. Somebody interested ?

cu
Christoph
--

| |   / /               - get an edge in editing -
| |/ /      a fast and capable multiple document,
|     \     multiple view text editor for KDE
| |\  \     cullmann at kde.org
| |  \  \   http://devel-home.kde.org/~kate

-