KWrite update

F@lk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 17 17:57:01 UTC 2001

Roland Krause wrote:

> Christoph,
>
> > Hmm, nothing against, but jbb means would be better to fix other
> > stuff there
> > first.
>
> Probably true, though I dont know what he means w/ that. We'll talk to
> him... Since I havent looked at the kate code base for quite some time
> I dont even know how far the versions have drifted a part. Most
> important thing would be to prevent "drifting apart" in the future.
>
> Roland
The pro is that Kate seems to have a well-designed architecture and a
good maintainance.
The con is that our 1_4 kwrite version is pretty stable and ready to use
except the horizontal scrollbar problem.

One would decide for our kwrite version under the policy that 1_4 is
dead after 2.0.
Another one would decide for Kate under the policy that life goes on on
branch 1_4.

Ciao,
F at lk