any plans to port MDI and debugger

Bernd Gehrmann bernd at physik.hu-berlin.de
Tue Apr 17 17:38:59 UTC 2001

On Tue, 17 Apr 2001, Richard Dale wrote:

> Excellent! I was going wait for Bernd to do a gdb part for KDevelop 3.0, and
> do it then, but as you've started already that's great.

Errm, there is a debugger in the HEAD branch :-) There are still some
issues to iron out (maybe I'll make a list of things that are unclear
to me...), but in principle it works. For C++, go to the project options
dialog (Build->Project options), and set the 'main program' in the Misc
tab (yet another thing that the application wizard should set...).
Then you set breakpoints and start running :-)

> > Now I wonder how I can make a nicely wrapped up JavaDebugger KPart from that
> > code to continue development, as my code currently only replaces the old GBD
> > code in gdbcontroller.cpp and some other files.

That depends whether it makes sense to make a completely separate part or
to share as much code as possible with the gdb frontend. If it's just the
gdbcontroller class that is replaced then you can easily make a new part
by creating one of the controller classes in DebuggerPart depending on
some argument given to the constructor - this is how C and C++ are dis-
tinguished in the CppSupport part. Something like

  controller = java? (new JdbController(blah blah))
                   : (new GdbController(blah blah));

But in practice it's probably more complicated because you also need
a different parser...

Bernd.

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«