any plans to port MDI and debugger

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Tue Apr 17 15:17:59 UTC 2001

Excellent! I was going wait for Bernd to do a gdb part for KDevelop 3.0, and
do it then, but as you've started already that's great.

My comments about using the JDK 1.3 debugger architecture were a bit of a red
herring, as I don't think it will be released on all machines for a while - so
piping commands as you're doing seems the right way to do it.

-- Richard

On Tue, 17 Apr 2001, you wrote:
> > > Richard - I guess we should talk about java debuggers?
> >
> > Yes indeed - it should be just a matter of piping commands to jdb instead
> > of gdb, and interpreting the output correctly. He says breezily ;-).
>
> I had a look at the debugger stuff and made a first attempt at porting
> the gdbcontroller to work with jdb. So far I was able to make a connection to
> JDB for sending commands and to use Gideon to step through a Java app (one
> file only as that is currently hard coded) and to follow these steps in the
> source code. Also I got the framestack widget working with JDB.
>
> Now I wonder how I can make a nicely wrapped up JavaDebugger KPart from that
> code to continue development, as my code currently only replaces the old GBD
> code in gdbcontroller.cpp and some other files.

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«