Code completion in KDEStudio

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Thu Apr 12 17:00:53 UTC 2001

On Thu, 12 Apr 2001, you wrote:
> Richard,
>
> --- Richard Dale <Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> > On Thu, 12 Apr 2001, Roland Krause wrote:
> > Well, yes we have a pretty good class parser, and in Objective-C and
> > Java for
> > KDevelop 3.0, not just C++ any more.
>
> So there ;-)
Love it!

> > I don't know about ctags
> > Objective-C
> > support. I suggested ctags, before I'ld actually studied the
> > KDEStudio code
> > properly. It doesn't use ctags, but it does have a header called
> > 'ctags.h', (and
> > some guy in a discussion said it used that), which had sent me down
> > the wrong
> > track.
>
> Ctags support is useful in general, I didn;t even think of the class
> parser or code completion. It just make finding things in large
> codebases simpler.
Yes, I agree -  it's like kdoc support - it would complement the class browser
rather that replace it.

> > I like the idea of using QDom as a class store though, like
> > KDEStudio -
> > it seemed to work well (although I prefer the KDevelop parser).
> >
> It makes a lot of sense, since the you are able to store the class tree
> very effectively.
See (Saint?) Bernd's views on this ;-)...

> > I'm checking out KDevelop 2.0 now, I need to look at how the gdb
> > stuff works to
> > do something similar for jdb. So I'll look at how the code completion
> > might fit
> > in when I do that.
>
> Hmm.,, the ctags stuff is not checked in yet. Need until end of the
> week to get it right, if that is what you are looking for.
No hurry, it's icing on the cake - but the cake must not wobble, otherwise it
will just fall off onto the floor...

-- Richard

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«