[Fwd: A new IDE for a new milleneum :-)]

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Sun Apr 1 20:52:35 UTC 2001

Bernd Gehrmann wrote:

> On Sun, 1 Apr 2001, Ralf Nolden wrote:
> > for putting Bernd's stuff into CVS. Also the annoucement was nice, but
> > it didn't mention much about that it is a KDevelop 3.0 preview or
> > whatever, so it landed on apps.kde.com without any notice about that.
>
> Hmm, I knew Andreas is fast with putting stuff on apps.kde.com, but
> I didn't expect him to put software there which is only presented
> on a devel mailing list.

I didn't expect that as well but considering that he's listening
everywhere and didn't know what this was especially about (I'm sure he
doesn't even know you're in kdevelop btw) he just put it there. Now we
have to decide quickly and do something about that. If we're all
comfortable with the decision, I'd do a press-release or at least let
Andreas prepare one for us for cross-reading and put it on the dot. Then
the people could still take galeon and test it as a kdevelop-3.0
pre-release codename "galeon". Putting it on CVS can last some days over
the week for me, as said, I'm away in Kopenhagen so if anyone else
vounteers for tagging current HEAD, deleting HEAD and putting galeon in
place please speak up :-)

> Anyway. I think if we decide to build upon gideon for the future
> and at the same time make the development mailing list open for
> public subscription (hey, I'm repeating myself, ain't I ;-)
> we could surely make some noise about it on dot.kde.org and
> get more developers interested.
>
> BTW, I noticed that the web site has a section about sponsors, but
> doesn't mention lineo. Wouldn't it be fair to mention them?

I will see if I get time over the week. Unfortunately the train doesn't
have power connectors so my night time is limited to my batteries..

--
Finally, even I have to admit that being myself was the best thing
that ever could have happened to me. - Le Grand Charmeur

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden at kde.org